This Whole30 friendly soup makes a creamy, filling meal.
I did another round of Whole30 with a friend over the last few weeks (mine was Whole20 this time). It was fun to experience this diet at a different time of year with different kinds of foods.
This soup really hit the spot. These are some of my other favorite Whole30 recipes.
2 tsp. olive oil
1 lb ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
4 c. chicken broth
3 medium russet potatoes, roughly cubed
Approx. 4 c. chopped kale
13.5 oz. can coconut milk
1. Heat oil in a large pot. Add ground turkey and cook on medium-high until browned.
2. Add the onion, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper and sauté for 3 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and stir.
4. Add the chicken broth and potatoes. Bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
5. Stir in kale and coconut milk. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
I try to use the oven as little as possible in the summer, so I’m a big fan of crockpot meals. This is a delectable, sweet and spicy recipe, and it works great as a Whole30 meal! (Remember when I tried Whole30? Good times…)
½ c. orange mango juice
¼ c. light coconut milk
1 tsp. ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp. habanero pepper, minced
1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into large wedges
1 lb. chicken breasts
2 tsp. curry powder
2 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
1 large mango, cubed
1 Tbsp. diced cilantro for garnish
- Whisk together orange mango juice, coconut milk, ginger, garlic, and habanero in the bottom of a crockpot.
- Put the sweet potato wedges in an even layer on the sauce mixture.
- Rub both sides of the chicken breast with the curry powder. Lay the chicken breast on top of the sweet potatoes, cover, and cook on low heat for approximately 6 hours.
- Put the chicken mixture in a serving bowl. Add the coconut flakes and mango. Garnish with cilantro and extra sauce from the crockpot.
-Can be served over rice or cauliflower rice or you can eat it as is.
-The habanero adds a little heat to this sweet dish. Adjust the amount of habanero as you see fit.