Here’s what we won in February!
1. Free mini vacation. For Rick’s office holiday party we went out of town and stayed at a hotel across from where the Green Bay Packers play. It was a nice little February getaway, and I had a really fun time meeting Rick’s coworkers. We did an escape room and then had drinks and dinner.
2. Goodwill finds. Sometimes I don’t know why I shop anywhere else. When we went to Green Bay for Rick’s holiday party, we stopped at my favorite Goodwill. Our total was about $23 which bought each of us some nice shirts. Gotta love those 50% off tags!
3. Snow/cold kept us from doing things. Trying to look on the bright side of things, the nasty weather did save us some money. We traveled less and our eating out/entertainment budget was low. I really enjoyed the days where Rick worked from home with me!
4. Lowest gas bill to date. We didn’t have to fuel up the car as much this month due to sticking around home with all this silly weather. We also combined partially used gift cards to pay for a fill-up.
5. Phone reimbursement. Rick and I have both been getting phone bill reimbursements from work. Just a really nice perk!
6. No spend girls weekend. Some friends and I got together one weekend, and we really didn’t spend much money. We made our own meals, and one friend so generously paid for our entertainment when we went out.
7. A few recurring thrifty wins:
-We’re still using just one car.
-We still pay cheap rent (at least for three more months).
8. Used a gift card for Valentine’s Day dinner. We enjoyed a nice, romantic Subway sandwich dinner. We’re fancy.
9. We continue to try to stretch what we have. It’d be nice to get a new tv stand, a new car, more clothes, fun makeup, etc. And we will. We’re just trying to use what we have and not buy any extras. We’ll also be moving again in a few months, so that kind of motivates me to refrain from buying stuff because we’ll just have to move it.
10. Finished up The Spender’s Guide to Debt-Free Living: How a Spending Fast Helped Me Get From Broke to Badass in Record Time by Anna Newell Jones. This girl could no longer stand how much debt she was in and was tired of her spending habits. She decided to go on a spending fast for a year, and she ended up paying off about $24,000 in 15 months. It was really inspiring!