I’ve been meaning to share this recipe for awhile, but we always eat it up before I remember to take a picture of it! It’s so delicious and filling.
A side of roasted vegetables pairs nicely with this cheesy loaf.
1 lb ground turkey
1 c. bread crumbs
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
4 oz. mozzarella sliced
3/4 c. ketchup
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9×13 glass baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, and Italian seasoning.
3. Place one half of the meat into prepared pan and shape to form bottom half of the loaf. Place mozzarella slices down the center, leaving a little room around the edges of the loaf. Place remaining half of meat on top of the bottom half of the loaf, and seal the edges.
4. In a small bowl, mix together ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, garlic, and cayenne pepper. Pour half of this mixture over the meatloaf, reserving the other half for later.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Then, remove loaf from oven and pour remaining sauce on top. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes.