Do you have some leftover cranberries from your Thanksgiving dinner? Use them up in this sweet and tangy chicken recipe.
This chicken is great in a sandwich, in a salad, or alongside some roasted fall veggies.
2.5 lbs chicken breasts
1/2 c. fresh cranberries
1 Tbsp. dried Italian herbs
For the Marinade:
1/3 c. cranberries
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp, black pepper
2 garlic cloves
- Spray baking dish with non-stick spray. Place chicken inside baking dish.
- Make the marinade: Blend all the marinade ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Pour marinade over the chicken, coating evenly.
- Cover and place in fridge to marinate for 30 minutes or up to 24 hrs.
- Once marinated, preheat oven to 375F.
- Add extra 1/2 cup cranberries and Italian herbs to the chicken dish. Spread it out evenly on and around the chicken.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until chicken is done.