This is one of my favorite recipes from childhood. Such a comfort!
1 frozen pie crust, baked according to package directions
1 lb. ground turkey or beef
1 tsp. olive oil
2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 c. salsa
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
diced green pepper
sliced black olives
extra shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown turkey or beef in oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Once the meat is browned, add seasonings and salsa. Stir to combine and heat for 1-2 minutes more.
- Pour the meat mixture into the pre-baked pie crust and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Top the pie with lettuce and then any additional desired toppings.