I love it when you can make a complete healthy meal in one casserole dish. Soooo easy.
This casserole is a cheesy mix of vegetables and chicken with a little crunch from some water chestnuts. Healthy comfort food!
2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts, halved
1 tsp. ground black pepper
2 10-oz. bags frozen cauliflower rice
1 12-oz. bag frozen broccoli florets
2 large eggs, whisked
4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 8-oz. can of sliced water chestnuts
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large 3-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with pepper. Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray and place chicken breasts on sheet. Place chicken in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Heat the cauliflower rice and broccoli according to package instructions.
- Remove chicken from oven. Chop baked chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, add cauliflower rice, broccoli, chicken, eggs, 3 cups of mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, butter and water chestnuts. Toss together until fully combined.
- Transfer casserole mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese. (You could also use Parmesan cheese or an Italian blend. I used mozzarella and a little cheddar because that’s what I had on hand.)
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the cheese on top has melted and starts to turn a light golden brown color. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve.