If you’re craving Italian for tonight’s dinner but want something a little lighter than lasagna, this low carb recipe might just do the trick!
¼ c. chopped onion
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. olive oil
4 bell peppers, cutand seeds cleaned out
¼ c. bell peppers, diced
1 lb ground turkey
1-14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies (drain liquid into bowl and save)
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 c. marinara sauce
¼ c. shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ c. grated parmesan cheese
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add diced pepper and saute for about five minutes. Set aside.
- Brown ground turkey and cook through. Drain any excess fat.
- Add onion, garlic, and pepper mixture to turkey along with diced tomatoes with chilies and Italian seasoning. Mix well and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stuff mixture inside hollow peppers.
- Pour reserved tomato liquid in a baking dish and place peppers in dish.
- Divide marinara sauce among the four peppers and add cheeses on top.
- Cook in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Feel free to add extra marinara sauce on top.