There was a time when I was intimidated by the spaghetti squash. I wasn’t sure how to prepare it, and it seemed like a long and complicated process. I can’t believe how wrong I was!
If you’re unfamiliar with spaghetti squash preparation, I’ll show you how easy it is in this recipe.
1 spaghetti squash
1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
3 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
12 oz. shrimp, raw and peeled
2 Tbsp. dried basil
1 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half the long way and scoop out the seeds. Rub both halves with 2 tsp. oil (about 1 tsp. per half).
- Place spaghetti squash halves cut side down on a baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool and fork out the insides (will resemble spaghetti).
- Over medium-high heat, add the remaining 1 tsp. oil and garlic to a large pan. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and sauté for about 5 minutes until pink. Add in the basil and stir for 1 minute to coat the shrimp.
- Add butter and squash. Mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.