This vegetarian chili is so good I don’t miss the meat at all! The variety of vegetables really make the flavor of this dish. Feel free to adjust the spices depending on how much heat you like.
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. chili powder
2 Tbsp. cumin
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. oregano
2 green bell peppers, diced
2 carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
2- 28 oz cans of stewed or diced tomatoes
1- 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
Other optional toppings: cheddar cheese, cilantro, avocados, jalapeños
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, spices, peppers, carrots and celery, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Once the chili begins to simmer, reduce the heat to medium-low. Continue to cook the chili, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Add beans and cook for 5 more minutes or until the beans have heated through.
- Serve hot with additional toppings of your choice.