This is my FAVORITE Favorite Recipe Friday! This hot, flavorful and hearty meal is the perfect way to warm up on a cool fall evening.
For the seasoning:
1 Tbsp. paprika
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. cayenne
2 tsp. dried oregano
For the rest of the recipe:
2 tsp. olive oil
1 lb large cooked shrimp, peeled
1 lb of chicken breasts, cut into ½ in. pieces
12 oz. Andouille sausage or turkey kielbasa, cooked and cut into ½ in. cubes or thinly sliced
½ onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 c. chopped bell pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 c. chopped tomatoes
1 c. water
2 c. cooked rice
1. Mix seasonings together. Season shrimp, chicken and sausage/turkey kielbasa.
2. In a large Dutch oven, heat 2 tsp. olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken pieces and saute until browned on both sides, about 6 minutes. Remove and set aside.
3. Add sausage to Dutch oven and cook until browned. Add onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic and cook until vegetables are wilted, about 6 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and water and return chicken pieces to pot. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
5. Add shrimp and cooked rice to Dutch oven and cook until heated through. Taste and add more seasoning if necessary. Remove from heat and let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Emeril’s Kicked Up Jambalaya.