This easy dish is perfect for when I don’t feel like cooking! It’s been a busy summer, and sometimes I just want to make something tasty and quick.
The ingredient list might look a little long, but it’s mostly seasonings, and you could easily just get a taco seasoning packet instead. You can also get pre-riced cauliflower if you don’t want to grate your own. Use coleslaw mix instead of slicing your own cabbage, and pre-shredded cheese is a quick option, too!
1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. oregano
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
2 c. cauliflower rice
1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (use plain diced tomatoes if you prefer less heat)
½ head of cabbage, thinly sliced
shredded cheddar cheese, optional
1. Brown ground meat in a large skillet. Once the meat has cooked, drain fat.
2. In a small bowl, mix seasonings together and add to meat in skillet.
3. Add cauliflower rice and diced tomatoes and green chiles. Mix and let cook for about 3-4 minutes.
4. Mix in cabbage and continue to heat for 3-4 minutes.
5. Top with shredded cheddar cheese if desired.