These fajita quesadillas might not be the healthiest recipe you’ll find on this blog, but they sure are yummy! The crispiness of the shell mixed with the creamy, melted cheese causes the mouth-watering goodness. The mix of vegetables and seasonings makes for great flavor as well!
Keep a close on eye on the quesadillas when you cook them to keep them from burning.
1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
½ onion, diced
1 c. bell peppers, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Roma tomato, diced
2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
4 flour tortillas
2 Tbsp full fat Greek yogurt or sour cream
½ c. shredded cheddar cheese
Juice from 1 lime
1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat 1 tsp. oil in large pan. Add chicken breasts and cook for 5-6 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat remaining 1 tsp. oil. Add onion, peppers and garlic. And cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add tomatoes and taco seasoning. Stir, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Dice the cooked chicken and return to pan with vegetable mixture. Stir to combine.
- Assemble each of the four tortillas by spreading 1 tsp yogurt over one side of each tortilla, top with cheese, chicken mixture and squeeze of lime and sprinkle of minced cilantro. Fold the tortillas over to cover the fillings and form a half-moon shape.
- Heat remaining 1 tsp. oil in a pan. Cook two tortillas in the pan at a time. Cook until they are golden and cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Repeat to make 2 more quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla in half and serve.
- Top with salsa if desired.
Makes 4 servings.