Rick makes this egg bake casserole each week for breakfast. He usually eats on it for most of the work week. Below is his basic recipe, but you can add or substitute other ingredients as you like such as: tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, broccoli, cheese or other types of peppers.
1 lb breakfast sausage
2 c. chopped spinach
1 green bell pepper, diced
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble sausage.
- Add green peppers and cook about 5 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray. Pour sausage and vegetable mixture into pan.
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl and whisk. Pour eggs over sausage and vegetable mixture and bake 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and cut into squares.
Recipe adapted from 40 aprons.
Another variation with broccoli: