This is one of my go-to recipes for entertaining. You can do the prep ahead of time and just pop it in the oven when guests arrive. And everyone loves it!
2 c. cooked quinoa or couscous
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp onion powder
1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 4-oz can green chiles
¼ c. cilantro, minced
1 28-oz can enchilada sauce
4 bell peppers (any color), sliced in half stem-to-tip, seeds removed
1 ½ c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine cooked quinoa or couscous with lime juice, chili powder, cumin and onion powder.
- Stir in black beans, tomatoes, green chiles, and cilantro. Stir until well combined.
- Pour enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9×13″ baking dish. Place pepper halves open side up in the baking dish on top of the enchilada sauce.
- Scoop quinoa/couscous filling into the bell pepper halves. Top each stuffed pepper with shredded cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- To serve, drizzle peppers with enchilada sauce.
You can easily add some cooked ground beef or ground turkey to this mix for more protein.