Reasons I love this recipe:
- Tastes SOO good.
- Chicken melts in my mouth.
- Super easy.
- Crockpot doesn’t overheat apartment in the warm months.
- I usually have most of these ingredients on hand. Garam masala was not an everyday spice for me, so I made a special order. It was totally worth it because I LOVE this recipe so much.
1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 tsp. ginger
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. tumeric
2 tsp. garam masala
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. chili flakes
1 15-oz can tomato sauce
1 14-oz can coconut milk
1/2 c. broth
Jasmine rice or cauliflower rice and cilantro for serving
- Place chicken in crockpot.
- To make the sauce, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic, turmeric, garam masala, cumin, chili powder, and chili flakes. Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, coconut milk, and broth. Stir to combine.
- Pour sauce over chicken in crockpot.
- Cook on high about 3 hours or on low 5-6 hours.
- Stir in cilantro right before serving.
Recipe adapted from One Lovely Life.