I made it through Whole30! What an experience. I was pretty strict, and I was surprised to learn how much self-control I have.
The day after finishing my Whole30, I went through a Non-scale Victories checklist. I found:
- I was less anxious. This was the biggest win for me!
- I was more in control over what I ate.
- I maximized my food budget. I thought Whole30 eating was going to be expensive, but I figured out some ways to Save Money on Whole30 Groceries.
- I found some really good new recipes!
Here are my TOP FIVE FAVORITE WHOLE30 RECIPES:
- Breakfast Casserole — I made it without the sausage, and it was still great!
- Sautéed Apples –for a sweet and tangy treat.
- Chicken, Apple, Sweet Potato and Brussels Sprouts Skillet
- Chicken Tikka Masala –ridiculously delicious!
- Ground Turkey & Cauliflower Rice Stuffed Peppers
I’m so happy with these victories, and I also found that I lost 5 lbs.
Honestly, I probably won’t do this again. I didn’t feel very good (low energy, stomach aches, headaches, etc.) a lot of the time. However it was a neat experience, and I’m glad I did it!
Next comes the slow reintroduction of some of the foods I had not been eating. The idea is to introduce one new type of food at a time. I think I’ll start with the gluten-free grains first. Bring on the OATMEAL!